Med-O-Wheel Secure - Portable
Portable Pill Dispenser for Clinic Use Only
The e-pill Med-O-Wheel Secure (SKU 870812) gives the right medication at the right time. It is a Tamper-resistant electronic pill dispenser with a unique locking feature that closes 5 minutes after meds have been taken, making it suitable for professional use by rehabilitation and mental health care professionals. It is a portable tamper resistant locked pill dispenser and may be used outside the home (work, school, drug rehab etc.).
This pill dispenser for drug rehab also features a unique 180 minute medication dosing window for each dose (see below for more information).
Tablet count verification is easy to do without unlocking the Med-O-Wheel Secure device because it has a see-thru bottom. It also has a built-in Tamper Alarm. This device is often used for pain management or drug rehabilitation programs involving Class II or Class III scheduled medications. It has been clinically tested in Unobserved Opioid Substitution Treatment programs.
- Portable Tamper-Resistant Locked Automatic Pill Dispenser can be used inside or outside the patient's home (work, school, out-patient clinic, drug rehabilitation etc.)
- Clinically Tested (Opioid Substitution Treatment / CIII, Schedule III Controlled Substance) in Unobserved Opioid Substitution Treatment programs
- Popular device to administer Buprenorphine sublingual tablets
- Three hour (180 minutes) medication dosing window for each dose
- Early dose 1 hour before alarm (discreet silent alarm)
- Long Alarm Duration: 60 Minutes. 1 Hour Early Dose is followed by 2 1 Hour Alarm Time or until taken, followed by 60 minutes silent alarm.
- Sturdy Metal Lock (metal lock and metal key, 2 keys are included)
- Releases Medication Only At The Right Time (within the 180 minute dosing window) for each alarm. Opening is closed 5 minutes after dispensing
- Verification of tablet count can be done without unlocking the dispenser
- Built-in Tamper Alarm (visual alarm)
- Each day can be programmed for 1–4 daily medication doses
- Featured in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) and Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment.
Precise Medication Dispensing Window
Example: A patient in opioid replacement treatment has been prescribed Suboxone to be taken each morning at 9 AM. The e-pill Med-O-Wheel Secure is set to give the medication at 9 AM. The medication can be taken from the e-pill dispenser between 8 AM and 11 AM. Once the medication has been taken, the Med-O-Wheel Secure locks shut until the next morning (or time for the next dose, up to 4 times per day). The empty slot from which the medication was taken is no longer visible to the patient.
How e-pill Med-o-Wheel Secure Works: Medication doses used in drug therapy and/or mental health care can be loaded into the e-pill Med-O-Wheel Secure when the administration of the medication must be regular and secure. The patient receives the medication only at a specific time of the day. Otherwise the device is locked shut and the medication is safe inside the unit. It is possible to set Med-O-Wheel Secure to provide 1–4 dosage opportunities daily.
When the user presses the transparent part of the device cover, Med-O-Wheel moves the correct dose for release and then locks shut until the next specified dosage time.
Please keep your device out of the reach of children, away from water, and secured when not in use.
Please note that the device will not rotate the dosage cassette without the user pressing the button (lens button) in the middle of the cover, and ‘requesting’ the next dose.This feature allows the Med-O-Wheel to be portable.
References: Interim Buprenorphine vs. Waiting List for Opioid Dependence (NEJM N Engl J Med 2016; 375:2504-2505December 22, 2016DOI: 10.1056/NEJMc1610047)
This device is in regular use in many countries around the world including the USA and Canada. It is in regular use in Finland at the Kuopio Clinic substance abuse / psychiatry clinics. First used in A-clinic Foundation Espoo Finland. Published study: The effect of an electronic medicine dispenser on diversion of buprenorphine-naloxone—experience from a medium-sized city.
Shipping: Free Standard Shipping (US customers only, Non-US customers pay $15.00 S&H)
Capacity: 7 aspirin sized tablets per dose. Maximum four (4) Doses per Day. Medication tray holds 4 doses per Day x 7 Days.
Size: 5 1/2 inch x 2 1/2 inch | Weight: 11 Oz.
Battery life: 6 months (2 x AA included)
Manufacturer: e-pill, LLC | One (1) Year Warranty by Manufacturer. | 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
e-pill Med-O-Wheel Secure (e-pill PD2 Secure) Portable Locked Automatic Pill Dispenser holds 28 doses. Up to 4 Daily Alarms. Complete medication management system with Tamper Resistant Pill Dispenser, 2 x 28 trays, batteries (2 x AA), 2 keys, battery compartment torx screw, torx screwdriver and Instruction Manual / SKU 870812 / UPC 837066002736 / Addoz MedOWheel Secure / Addoz Med-O-Wheel Secure
SUBOXONE® (buprenorphine and naloxone)(CIII) is a prescription medicine and is a registered trademark of Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc.